Church Notre-Dame-Des-Miracles

The place where Jeanne d'Arc prayed.
Rating 7110

26 march 2025Travel time: 5 march 2025
The cult of the Black Madonna goes back to the VI century. In the primitive church (1170-1180), then there was a wonderful statue. According to legend, it was here that Jeanne d’Arck prayed to the Mother of God, as described in the tablet on the wall of the church. But during the religious wars, the statue was burned, and the church was destroyed (1562). At the end of the 16th century, a new statue was created, and after the revolution, the building was restored. The church burned down in 1940, but in the chapel the fire did not affect anything. The new building was built and opened in 1966.
Translated automatically from Russian. View original

Comments (0) leave a comment
PLACES NEARBY
QUESTION-ANSWER
No questions